Welcome to our open group!
Since the beginning of 2021, we have been organizing ourselves as a community of researchers in systems biology and related fields, and interested in fundamental questions around cell physiology, cellular growth, resource allocation, and biological thermodynamics.
Our monthly forum is a place for discussing general and fundamental questions about our field. It takes place on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm CET. Everybody is invited to join!
Other activities comprise a book project, a collection of teaching materials for systems biology, and we're planning to organise workshops. This website gives some overview information. For more details, please join our slack space (contact: Niccolò Totis) or contact the organizers.
What you can do
- Our group is what we make of it - please feel free to suggest new activities!
- Tell your colleagues and students about our group and invite them through slack.
- Use the Twitter hashtag #CellularEconomyForum to promote the forum.
- Contact Wolfram Liebermeister with any questions or suggestions.
Where to find what
- General slack space: PrinciplesInCellPhysiology
- Slack space for students and postdocs: PlCPhysiology_scholars
- Getting started: Information for new group members can be found here and in the slack channel #-welcome-start-here
- Planning meetings: Meeting notes (google doc)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our slack space
Most of our exchanges take place on slack (Slack space "PrinciplesOfCellPhysiology"). Some channels have google docs associated with them for collecting information in a more organised manner. You can find the links in the channel descriptions.
- The channel #-welcome-start-here contains some general information for newcomers.
- The channel #general is used for all general announcements and discussions.
- The channel #academic-jobs is for announcements of open positions.
- The channels #organizers, #forum-planning, #book-project, #teaching-materials, and #workshop-planning are for organisers of these activities. If you would like to join one of these teams, please let us know!
- In the channel #research-suggestions-feedback, people can discuss their own and other members' research.
- A channel to share opinions, feedbacks, materials among younger researchers e.g PhDs, postdocs, research fellows can be joined by sending an email to email@example.com.
By default, you’re invited to all channels. Feel free to contribute to all discussions. If you’d like to get involved in some of the activities, please let us know in the channels. Please contact Niccolò Totis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and suggestions regarding the slack workspace.
Slack space "Young Scholars"
For students, PhD students, and postdocs, we have a second slack space for additional exchanges (e.g. about work related issues): "PlCPhysiology_scholars". The Young Scholars groups also organizes a monthly seminar. Please contact Niccolò Totis (email@example.com) with any questions and suggestions.