Economic Principles in Cell Physiology
Welcome to our group!
We are organizing ourselves as a community of researchers working in cell biology, systems biology, computational biology and related fields, and interested in topics such as cellular growth, resource allocation, or relations between cell physiology and thermodynamics. Everybody is invited to join!
Our monthly open forum is a place for discussing general and fundamental questions about our field. It takes place on the 1st Tuesday of each month, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm CET. Feel free to invite your colleagues or students!
Aside from the monthly forum, our activities comprise a book project, a collection of teaching materials for systems biology, and we're planning to organise yearly workshops. This website gives an overview of activities, documents, and events.
On this page you find some overview information. For more details, please join our slack space or contact the organizers.
Most of our exchanges take place on slack (Slack space "PrinciplesOfCellPhysiology" https://principlesofc-l1r9380.slack.com). Some channels have google docs associated with them for collecting information in a more organised manner. You can find the links in the channel descriptions.
- The channel #-welcome-start-here contains some general information for newcomers.
- The channel #general is used for all general announcements and discussions.
- The channel #academic-jobs is for announcements of open positions.
- The channels #organizers, #forum-planning, #book-project, #teaching-materials, and #workshop-planning are for organisers of these activities. If you would like to join one of these teams, please let us know!
- In the channel #research-suggestions-feedback, people can discuss their own and other members' research.
- A channel to share opinions, feedbacks, materials among younger researchers e.g PhDs, postdocs, research fellows can be joined by sending an email to email@example.com.
By default, you’re invited to all channels. Feel free to contribute to all discussions. If you’d like to get involved in some of the activities, please let us know in the channels. Please contact Niccolò Totis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and suggestions regarding the slack workspace.
For students, PhD students, and postdocs, we have a second slack space for additional exchanges (e.g. about work related issues): "PlCPhysiology_scholars" (https://principlescel-tqk8216.slack.com). Please contact Niccolò Totis (email@example.com) with any questions and suggestions.
- Our group is what we make of it - please feel free to suggest new activities!
- Please advertise our group to interested colleagues and invite them through slack.
- Please use the Twitter hashtag #CellularEconomyForum to promote the forum wherever possible.
- Please contact Wolfram Liebermeister (on slack, or via firstname.lastname@example.org) with any general questions or suggestions.